close

01  

 

2011080309:40滬江英語

 

有許許多多的事情我要回報你,等你回來,但是你沒有,這首詩是一位普通的美國婦女寫的,她的丈夫在女兒4歲時應徵入伍去了越南戰場,從此她便和女兒相依為命。後來,她的丈夫不幸陣亡。她終身守寡,直至年老病逝。

 

 

 

Remember the day I borrowed your brand new car and dented it?
記得那天,我借用你的新車,我撞凹了它

 

I thought you'd kill me
我以為你一定會殺了我的

 

But you didn't.
但是你沒有

 

And remember the time I dragged you to the beach
記得那天,我拖你去海灘

 

And you said it would rain, and it did?
你說會下雨的,結果真的下了

 

I thought you'd say, "I told you so."
我以為你會說我告訴過你

 

But you didn't.
但是你沒有

 

Do you remember the time I flirted with all the guys
記得那天,我和所有的男人調情好讓你嫉妒

 

To make you jealous, and you were?
而你真的嫉妒了

 

I thought you'd leave,
我以為你一定會離開我

 

But you didn't.
但是你沒有

 

Do you remember the time I spilled strawberry pie all over your car rug?
記得那天,我把草莓派弄得滿車都是

 

I thought you'd hit me, but you didn't.
我以為你會打我,但是你沒有

 

And remember the time I forgot to tell you the dance was formal
記得那天,我忘了告訴你那個舞會是要穿禮服的

 

And you showed up in jeans?
而你穿了牛仔褲到場

 

I thought you'd drop me, but you didn't.
我以為你會棄我而去,但是你沒有

 

Yes, there were lots of things you didn't do.
是的,有許多的事你都沒有做

 

But you put up with me, and loved me, and protected me.
但你容忍我、愛我、保護我

 

There were lots of things I wanted to make up to you when you returned from Vietnam.
我想好了,等你回來,我要為你做很多事情來作為補償。

 

But you didn't.
但是你沒有

PS:珍惜現在所擁有的、等到沒有了---一切往然---

 

 

 

 

 

 

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    lily 發表在 痞客邦 留言(3) 人氣()